SC - FoodTV and the SCA, was - Emeril (long)

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 20 12:26:04 PDT 2000

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> "Laura C. Minnick" wrote:
> >
> > Did the guy with the Klingon sword show up? we had a kid show up at
> > fight practice once who wanted to make 'totally authentic Klingon
> > armor', and when Sir Paul tried to explain that we were an _historical_
> > group doing things from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, and kid went on
> > about no really, he wanted to make _14th century_ Klingon armor... I
> > don't think he came back though...
>
> I dunno, the person with the Klingon sword was just a sort of fictional
> composite of Every Seneschal's and Chatelaine's Demo Nightmare.
>
> 14th-century Klingon, huh?
>
> Adamantius
> --

You laugh.  One area 'fantasy fair' invited a group of 'Historical Klingons' to
their faire a few years ago.  Many of these also happened to be SCA, one was my
honourable husband. They re-created the battle of Kahless and Molor, rode
Frisian horses and generally gave the swaggering Ren-fair fighters a run for
their money.  <g>

Master Atar has mentioned that the Klingon bat'leth "sword" is based on a
Chinese "moon sabre" which did not last long as an actual weapon, more of an art
form.  I'm still trying to get more info out of him.

Meanwhile, back on the topic of cooking... Medieval Klingon cuisine does not
bear much consideration.  I can't get any "Klingons" to go with me for dancing
shrimp, some 'warriors' eh?

Selene