SC - FoodTV idea (yes, let's)

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 20 15:01:47 PDT 2000

> >Is there anyone with the contacts who could contact Home
> and Garden tv,
> >PBS,
> >FoodTV or the Food Network and sell the concept of one
> time special?  True
> >it
> >would have to be a volunteer effort and even the thought
> of breaking even
> >is
> >unlikely but it would educate people as well as
> satisfying that craving for
> >GOOD historic cooking show.
> >

> >NOTE:  This idea is not me volunteering for any part of
> this other than
> >standing on the sidelines cheering people on...and maybe
> some work in the
> >kitchen.  I leave it to people who know what they are
> doing to carry it
> >out.
> >

> >Orlaith of Storvik
>
> Hmmm...sounds intriging..I used to sit on a Board with a
> woman from
> PBS..perhaps I should look her up..
> Olwen

Sounds vaguely kinky -- or were you just short on chairs?

On a more serious note, I think this is a great idea and
would be willing to chip in something to help with
expenses.  Since I don't have cable, I would also be
interested in buying a tape of the program.

Taking a highly optimistic view of it, it might even be
worth having some ideas waiting in the wings to trot out if
any of the media people we will of course attract to our
cause should happen to mention the word "miniseries".  Or
am I getting carried away?

A less satisfying possibility might be to put together a
show to run on community access channels, if we can't get
any of the other stations interested.

I could also help with the writing end of things if there
is any.  So that gives us one possible kitchen assistant
(depending, I suppose, on the location of the taping?) and
one writing assistant so far.  Anybody interested in the
position of Fearless Leader?

Dana/Ximena