SC - Re: Historical Klingons, OT

Scholast Michel Scholast at bookwyrm.com
Sat Oct 21 02:10:31 PDT 2000

On 21 Oct 2000, at 17:31, Lee-Gwen wrote:

> Still, I wonder how good 14th century (in the Terran time scale)
> Klingons were at writing things down - never struck me as a
> particularly literary race!

Well, remember than before the sixteenth century, they must have
had a strong enough literary movement to create the sundry works
of Shakespeare -- it is claimed that those were written originally in
Klingon, and placing this in the fourteenth century would possibly
provide time for the works to become popular enough to reach Terra
in time for Bill to translate them . . .

Scholast
(only way my spouse will read Shakespeare is in the 'original
Klingon'  Sigh,)