SC - Lamb recipes

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Sun Oct 22 14:01:12 PDT 2000

At 10:48 AM 10/20/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Those of you who attended my butchering class, could you send me at:
>
>phlip at morganco.net
>
>the recipes you used on the various parts of the lamb? Also, anybody else
>with some good lamb recipes, preferably period, please send them along.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Phlip

My favorite recipe for lamb, especially the leg or larger cuts:

Rub all over with olive oil, cut small slits all over the meat and insert
slivers of garlic (you can use whole cloves, but I like smaller bits), then
sprinkle with dried oregano and/or basil.  I then roasted the meat by
pre-heating the oven to 425 degrees, putting the meat in on a roasting rack
and turning down the heat to 350 degrees after 15 minutes.  I also tried
enclosing the meat in foil and baking, but I didn't like the results as
well.  It was also great done this way on the grill using  chops.  Leanna