SC - Cheap wine for cooking

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Sun Oct 22 17:31:43 PDT 2000

Wajdi skrev:

>Sounds like Thunderbird; really nasty stuff I accidently spend a
>weekend drinking back when I was young and stupid and new in the
>military.  Gaahhh!

Thunderbird isn't too bad compared to Mad Dog (Mogen David 20/20). If you
really want to hit the pits, though, sometime try (preferably with someone
else's palate!!!!) Blackjack, which is a cheap Florida wine, made of
oranges, and so named because it's 21% alcohol. Bleaghhhhh!!!!!

I rather like some of the boxed wines. My favorite of them is the Franzia
Cabernet Sauvignon, though it would be a bit dry for most palates. Their
Burgundy is quite drinkable as well, although I've been wondering lately
what they mean by "Natural Flavors added". Pressed and fermented grapes are
unnatural flavors?

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous