SC - pierogys

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Oct 23 12:31:10 PDT 2000

> If you are adhering to strict historical accuracy, I don't think you can
> truly document sauerkraut or pirogi, although both are probably "period."

Dembinska lgives part of a sauerkraut recipe:
Mikolaj Reg in "Zywot czlowieka pozciwego" (1568) describes a sauerkraut
method: "Having romoved the outside leaves of some nice
heads of cabbage, cut them in half and fit them neatly into a vat,
spreading beet chards & dill between the layers"
I don't know whether the original specifies the kind of brine to use...
- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker