SC - black food

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 07:49:01 PDT 2000

>There is always caviar,

Whew! A bit beyond my budget and not too nice to the
rapidly becoming
endangered sturgeon

Not for this feast, but just FYI, they are working
with farm raised stergeon in CA for CA caviar. Saw it
on a cooking show this last weekend, and the cooks on
there thought it was a VERY good substitute for teh
"regular" caviar. I'ts also MUCH cheaper. They
mentioned the fact that sturgeon is becoming much less
easy to find and that it is rapidly becoming an
endangered species. The california caviar doesn't
taste exactly like the stuff that comes from where
ever it normally comes from, due to weather conditions
and different water, but is supposed to come close.
But just thought those on the list who like "fishberry
jam" might be interested in knowing that little
tidbit.
nisha