SC - Spicing dishes

ekoogler at chesapeake.net ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Oct 24 12:26:39 PDT 2000

Edward wrote:

> One of my favourite moments as a cook was when someone told me
> that they'd looked askance at the menus droits I served, but tasted
> them because they trusted me to serve good food, and found that
> they quite liked the dish.

I tend to agree.  I think one of my proudest moments was when a lady whom I
respect greatly came back to the kitchen after and Elizabethan feast I had
prepared to tell me that she had tried the Lombardy tarts I served only because
I had said they were very good...and she trusted me not to say that about
something that wasn't.  She said that it was the first time she had eaten beets
and enjoyed them!

We must always remember that, no matter how much we get into doing the
research, etc., we are still cooking for real people, and whatever we fix must
be tasty to all.  For example (modern...), my former husband LOVED to have his
Kung Pao chicken very highly seasoned...and insisted on preparing it to his
taste for a party we had.  Fortunately for him, unfortunately for the rest of
us, he had seasoned it so highly that he was about the only one there who could
eat the dish!

Kiri

This email message was sent using web-based email services provided by Chesapeake.Net
Internet Services.
http://www.chesapeake.net/