SC - Re: Worst Critique Ever

ekoogler at chesapeake.net ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Oct 24 15:01:49 PDT 2000

> Bear skrev:
>
> >Rather than allowing this to devolve further into a personality clash, if
> >Phlip, Llewellyn, the feast steward and Gunthar are agreeable, we can
> >analyze the facts and try to reach some conclusions which may improve >our
> abilities to prepare and serve feasts for our patrons.
>
> I'm willing- in fact that was my original intent. I tried to make a couple
> suggestions for future improvements, and was asking for input from this List
> as to how to improve things- got a couple, too, until I was attacked.....
>
> I don't like dealing with bad food. Yes, sometimes things happen that we
> can't control- Court will run over, Kings get talking and busy, stoves
> break, Cooks get ill, the food van crashes in the middle of the Triborough
> Bridge, whatever.
>
> But, attempting to analyze what has gone wrong is definitely not helped by
> the parties defending badly cooked food.
>
> Phlip

I have one tiny question here:  Is the person who cooked this event on this
list?  If so, it might be valuable to hear his/her analysis of what happened.
I have been very distressed by the tone of the commentary between Phlip and
Llewellyn.  I met Phlip for the first time this past Pennsic...and don't
believe I've ever had the privilege of meeting Llew.  I do know, in my heart of
hearts, that the unpleasant (I'm being diplomatic here ;-) )commentary that has
been in the messages from both parties benefits no one.

I do believe that the discussion suggested would be of benefit to all, and I am
willing to contribute what I can to it, based on the fact that I've head-cooked
a number of oriental feasts, including one this fall that was mostly from
period sources.  I hope we can have such a discussion on a scholarly and
helpful level!

Kiri