SC - oop - healthfulness of black pepper - a query

Lee-Gwen piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Wed Oct 25 06:44:07 PDT 2000

I am busily transcribing a number of recipes into my computer Recipe Box and
I came across this statement (not from this List, I hasten to point out).

"I use white or cayenne, black pepper is not as healthy"

I have never heard this one  before (I seem to be on a faddish List or 2 -
the recipes are good, so I stay,  but shake my head a lot!) and I wonder if
people here would care to comment on the healthfulness or otherwise of black
pepper?

Gwynydd