SC - I am So Ashamed! (long)

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 25 11:26:25 PDT 2000

Given the review on amazon.com (at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0890879958/o/qid=972498053/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_3/104-8653658-2110312 for the link-geeks), it's probably how the book was presented to the reviewer.  The authors are described as "Jamie Wood teaches classes in healing with herbs. She is a published author of children's books and lives in Encinitas, California. Tara Seefeldt teaches cooking classes, is earning a doctorate in history, and lives in Arizona. Both are practicing Wiccans."

I was amused at the recipe for "All Hallow's Eve Cakes" as I grew up with them as "Mexican Wedding Cakes" and a Scottish friend calls them, or something very close to them, "Melting Moments."

I have some other cookbooks that talk about eating foods in season, with appropriate recipes, they just don't have the religious overlay.  Or the pretense of reproducing an era which is little reflected in the reality of the recipes.

                       ---= Morgan