SC - Bad Feasts--Philosophically Speaking

ekoogler at chesapeake.net ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Oct 25 15:46:18 PDT 2000

Iasmin wrote:

I personally
> think budgets should be negotiable. Is the feast set to be the
> money maker of an event? Is it just meant to be the way to
> attract more people to an event? Are you aiming to keep
> with a particular theme? All these and more will affect the
> money outlay.

What we usually do is to figure out approximatley how much, per head, the feast
will cost to prepare.  Then that amount is added to the site cost/person and a
little extra for extra stuff (prizes, etc)  I prefer to be consulted on the
amount per head to charge, though I have had the occasional autocrat tell me
how much he was allowing me!

Another thing that will affect the cost of the feast is the type of feast it
is.  A feast that involves a lot of ingredients that are difficult to locate
will typically cost more than one using standard stuff.  For example, my
Festival of Kites feast cost about $2 per head more than the upcoming Eastern
European feast, because of the cost of ingredients!

> think gas and tolls are perfectly valid expenses in the right
> situation.

I don't charge for gas and tolls, even though I have to drive at least 35 miles
to get to where I purchase most of the supplies for my feasts.  What I do
instead is to deduct them from my income tax as a contribution to a non-profit
organization...including mileage from my home to the site!

Kiri

This email message was sent using web-based email services provided by Chesapeake.Net
Internet Services.
http://www.chesapeake.net/