SC - OT: apologies

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Thu Oct 26 05:56:43 PDT 2000

>     If someone has problems with religious choices, they are more than
> welcome to email me privately...we'll sort it aaaaaaaaal out....::cracks her
> knuckles:: Would someone like to explain to me what being Wiccan has to do
> with cooking?  As I understand the thread, we're discussing a badly done
> cookbook with ostensibly *period* recipes, which obviously aren't.

We're discussing an article purporting to be about a cookbook with a
Wiccan focus; in the article the reporter appears to attribute beliefs
about food in the Middle Ages that we know are false to the authors and/or
the book. Not having read the book, I can't tell whether the book is a)
badly done or b) whether a few sentences in the front, more or less gotten
from a high school text, gave the reporter a hook to the 'everybody knows'
stuff that reporters stick in as filler or c) whether the authors of the
book were led astray by bad resources.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker