SC - rendering chicken fat

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 06:25:12 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/25/00 6:44:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kareno at lewistown.net writes:

> So,  I don't have to do much else with the chicken fat?  I was thinking
> about any clinging gelatin stock, and a second bit of simmering gently in
> water oughta clean it, and use as is?
> That's the gist of it, right?

I have not been following this thread too closely but I render chicken fat by
putting it in a pan over low heat and letting it melt out until the tissues
in the fat turn to golden brown cracklings. The fat does not burn and it is
good to use.

Ras
The test of good manners is to be patient with bad ones.- Solomon Ibn Gabirol