SC - what to do with a pumpkin's insides?

Orlaith orlaith at usa.net
Thu Oct 26 12:47:47 PDT 2000

Orlaith of Storvik wrote:
>I already used some
>to try the pumpkin pie cordial I heard of (I think on this list) a couple of
>weeks ago but I still have this amount left.

Then Anahita al-shazhiyya wrote:
You cooked it first, right?

NNNNooooooooo... was I supposed to?  The message with the cordial just said
the ingredients (1 bottle vanilla Stoli, 1 bottle cinnamon Stoli, 2 cups fresh
cubed pumpkin).  How bad is it that I did not cook it?  Should I try draining
the pumpkin and steam it and then put it back in the alcohol?  I was assuming
that fresh means not cooked.  HELP!!! don't want to lose the alcohol (not
cheap stuff flavored Stoli)

Orlaith of Storvik

Here is the orignial message:

" (snippage)        BTW, in searching for a non-alcoholic homebrew page, I ran
across two
recipes I'm dying to try.  Okay, I'm dying for my dad to make them and send
them to me.  One is apple beer and the other is pumpkin beer.  And I'm
DEFINITELY making my pumpkin-infused vodka this fall.  (As soon as I can find

fresh pumpkin)  I came up with a halloween martini that's just begging to be
made and tried.  First, you make the pumpkin vodka by mixing a bottle of
Vanilla Stoli and a bottle of Cinnamon Stoli in a gallon jug with two cups of

cubed fresh pumpkin.  Let stand for a week, strain and decant.  Then shake
over ice with cream, strain into a cocktail glass garnished with a slice of
crystallized ginger and a sprinkle of nutmeg.  Who needs nog with a drink
like this?

Spinferno"

Cats humor us because they know their ancestors ate ours.