SC - Scottish oatcakes

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:29:19 PDT 2000

>I am new to this list, and hail from the Barony of Gyldenholt in Caid.

Hello neighbor, I am recently moved to Gyldenholt.

>given to sample, but it contains something called *golden syrup*.

Golden Syrup is very British. Thick and honey colored it is, but it is a
sugar by-product, though I forget the details.  It's pretty commonly
available in the U.S.  I think I saw it yesterday in Mothers Market in
Irvine. Whole Foods or Wild Oats might also have it.  Other than that, some
fancy import food store will have it, but charge exorbitantly.

Bonne