SC - lead vs. salt use

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 08:51:51 PDT 2000

Hi all.  I was just having a talk with someone I work with who gave me food
for thought.  She and I were talking about historical cooking and then lead
poisoning and how there is a direct corralation to the increase in salt use
as a result of lead poisoning.  She was saying that basically this could be
traced back to the fall of the Roman empire.

Now, I musts admit here, I am a very gullible person.  My household takes
great mirth in it.  But I wanted to throw this out to the list and see what
you say.

Olwen