SC - Waterproof cookbooks

Mordonna22 at aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Oct 27 08:53:43 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/27/2000 1:00:17 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

<<
 Today, in "Publishers Weekly", I read an article about a new book
 of erotic stories in watery settings (hot tubs, lakes, etc.).  It's
 called _Aqua Erotica_, and the book is waterproof.  The pages are
 permeated with plastic, or some such thing.  Apparently, a number
 of bookstores have chosen to display it inside a fishtank full of
 water.

 Wouldn't it be nice if they could apply that technology to
 cookbooks?

When I received my copies of His Grace's Collection, the first thing I did
was buy some plastic sheet protectors for the pages.  Not only do they keep
the words from fading away in the steamy kitchen, the sheet protectors help
keep the pages from getting torn.   They make it easy to remove one page from
the binder to use as a reference while I make the dish, then return it to
it's place in the book.  Wonderful invention!

Mordonna The Cook