SC - pennyroyal - emmenogogues, abortifacients etc. (long)

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Mon Oct 30 15:57:44 PST 2000

> This got me thinking, though, about what other herbs are emmenogogues, abortifacients,
> mutagens, uterine stimulants, fetotoxins, etc.  So, I went back to my trusty
> Herb Contraindications and Drug Interactions book, and was amazed to find an
> 8.5 page long list of herbs contraindicated for pregnancy!  Here's a sample:

Obviously, a lot  of things are considered contraindicated in pregnancy.
Like cleaning cat boxes, taking aspirin, and being frightened by rabbits.
;) However, taking a good look at certain types of herbs before using them
in a reputable herbal is probably a good idea. If your old-fashioned
family practicioner woud counsel avoiding it, you probably don't want to
put it in a feast without carefully labeling it.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"I do my job. I refuse to be responsible for other people's managerial
hallucinations." -- Lady Jemina Starker