OOP: Asian Resources (was Re: SC - Barley malt syrup?)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 31 22:51:56 PST 2000

Lady Celia des L'archier asked:
> I would also be interested in any resources in English or any pointers
> towards research on period Asian cooking, of course. :-)

Well, Master Admantius gave several referances in another message.
However, I think *he* might be a wonderful resource for this. Each
year around the holiday season (just after American Thanksgiving and
Yule) the list comes to practically a standstill on discussions of
period foods as some folks describe the wonderful feasts they have
cooked up. At least once a year the feast that Adamantius describes
is a wonderful Chinese feast. Some of these may have been the Chinese
New Year, as I think about it. These feasts all sound just fantastic
and nothing like what you usually get in the somewhat generic Asian
resturants around here.

I did not save these messages but you might be able to find them in
the list archives.

- --
HL  Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net