non-member submission - Re: SC - Re: Easy period soups?

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Oct 2 07:39:46 PDT 2000

> can the chicken in the broth. get to site. dump contents of jars into
pot. add
> other ingredients per recipe. serve soup. next problem?
> margali
> been there, done it - repeatedly.

Anybody have any idea how long home-canned chicken soup is supposed to
be
good for? Because I have a jar of soup that my mom canned in the summer
of
1999 and I'm embarrassed to ask her whether it should still be good.

- -- Jadwiga (who can't find any of her canning books, and lent her copy
of
Fannie Farmer to someone who needed the pizza recipe for sausage
rolls...)

Disclaimer: I don't speak for anyone, and no one speaks for me.