SC - An impossible mission!

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Tue Oct 3 18:29:34 PDT 2000

>The list is: Meat (Fish and Seafood ok)
>Gluten (No Wheat, oats, barley, etc)
>Tomatoe (yes I know it's not period...)
>Broccoli
>Cod
>Tuna
>Milk (small amounts ok...)
>Soy (yes I know it's not period...)

Menu: Since period is not a requirement)

Catfish, roasted in foil w/butter and spices.
Rice
Fresh beets-n-greens
Fresh fruit, nuts, and cheese for dessert.

Before you go to work, wrap the catfish in individual packets w/the foil. A
bit of white wine in there wouldn't hurt, since you'll have the option to
marinate- spices are your choice- I'd suggest one of the Mrs Dash blends, or
curry powder, or perhaps poultry seasoning, depending on your preferences.
Take the fish, clean it (no head, no guts, skin optional, depending on size,
open the body cavity and stuff it with a blend of butter and spices, then
make up packets like you would for baked potatoes, adding the wine, if
chosen, just before you seal them, then toss in the fridge.

Rice- again your option, but it will cook in under 30 minutes, even if it's
real rice, or Uncle Ben's Wild and Brown rice. If you think there's too much
gluten in rice, peel and thick slice some potatoes, boill them, rice them,
and toss with cream and pepper. Still will take less than an hour.

Beets-n-greens. Buy fresh beets with their fresh greens. Peel and dice
beets. Throw in pot w/greens chopped in 1-2 inch slices, add 1/4 c water,
and steam/boil until tender.

Dessert has many options, including all the other allergies getting an
option to eat.

Next time, either choose your guest combo more carefully, invite them all to
eat....elsewhere, or give us a bit more warning.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous