non-member submission - Re: SC - My First Feast as Head Cook

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed Oct 4 08:45:06 PDT 2000

> Grain dish, "cheap and filling"  - Last year's barley pottage was
> horrible and nobody ate it. I'm thinking Frumenty with cracked wheat.

Oh my goodness, what did they DO to it? It's hard to imagine barley
pottage that's inedible, though I once came close when I was playing
around with Kut'ya ideas...

Dumb question: where can I find more recipes for cooked grain dishes?
Other than invalid dishes and frumenty with venison or porpoise? I know
they ate the stuff: I just can't find good recipes...

- -- Jadwiga