SC - Cucumbers: Recipe & Question

Rosalyn MacGregor ROSALYN at worldshare.net
Wed Oct 4 10:02:54 PDT 2000

Good Gentles of the List,

My grandmother, raised as a very prim and proper upper crust Canadian lady
before the Depression, used to make a cucumber dish that I would like to
duplicate. It's a rich cucumber and sour cream dish. It might be cream, I'm
not sure. I'm recalling memories of eating this dish years ago. The
cucumbers sit in a white sauce that is very tasty. <grin> To me, it evokes
images of  summer, like a blt with a freshly picked tomato does.

My questions are:

Does anyone have a good recipe for such a dish?
Would something like this be at all period? I don't know for sure if cukes
are period?

Your humble servant,
Rosalyn MacGregor
(Pattie Rayl)