SC -Puck's Lombard Mustard

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Oct 4 12:24:15 PDT 2000

- --=_EBB304E2.1E7F114C

<<<<< When I do this recipe again, I plan to grind the seed then
soak it for a day or two before actually making it.  I wonder how soaking =
it
in white wine would affect the flavor?  The short answer to your question =
of
how much vinegar to add?  Hmmmmm.... I suppose if I said 'enough' I'd get =
browbeating from TGaP Master A (and mighty brows they are!), so I would =
have
to say....ummmm...I dunno.  I would hazard a guess that about 2-3 cups =
would
do it, but I didn't actually measure, just added until I got the heat and
consistency I wanted, but over a 36 hour period as we Pucks doesn't like
soupy mustard. >>>>>>>>>>>>

Puck doesn't mention what kind of seed was used.  yellow mustard tends to =
be WAYYYY hotter than the brown (even with variation based on lacation =
grown).  If you can get some, I recommend trying the same recipe with =
brown seeds.  I ground mine this weekend for some mustard, and they are =
far less piquant than the yellow seeds I ground last time.  (though the =
yaller dawgs do seem to cry out for the yellow mustard seeds <g>)

niccolo difrancesco

- --=_EBB304E2.1E7F114C

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff
style="FONT: 10pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV><<<<< When I do this recipe again, I plan to grind the seed
then<BR>soak it for a day or two before actually making it.  I wonder how
soaking it<BR>in white wine would affect the flavor?  The short answer to
your question of<BR>how much vinegar to add?  Hmmmmm.... I suppose if I
said 'enough' I'd get a<BR>browbeating from TGaP Master A (and mighty brows they
are!), so I would have<BR>to say....ummmm...I dunno.  I would hazard a
guess that about 2-3 cups would<BR>do it, but I didn't actually measure, just
added until I got the heat and<BR>consistency I wanted, but over a 36 hour
period as we Pucks doesn't like<BR>soupy mustard.
<DIV>Puck doesn't mention what kind of seed was used.  yellow mustard tends
to be WAYYYY hotter than the brown (even with variation based on lacation
grown).  If you can get some, I recommend trying the same recipe with brown
seeds.  I ground mine this weekend for some mustard, and they are far less
piquant than the yellow seeds I ground last time.  (though the yaller dawgs
do seem to cry out for the yellow mustard seeds <g>)</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>niccolo difrancesco</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- --=_EBB304E2.1E7F114C--