SC - date sugar

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Oct 4 18:49:14 PDT 2000

You are lucky, IIRC you are on the west coast...
Indio , CA is where a major amount of the dates are grown in america [and you
can buy hais at roadside stands!] and you can get absolutely wonderful dates
there that never make it east. There is nothing to compare with a freshly dried
emperess or medjul date - instead of one that has sat in a warehouse for a few
months, then transshipped east, and plonked in a warehouse for a nother few
months to a year ;-( that is what WE here in the east get stuck with.
margali