SC - MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BREAD

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 4 21:34:29 PDT 2000

> 1 cup Mexican Chocolate, crushed tablets [food processor or a small war
> band will do.  Can leave a few chunky bits.]

While I may be able to get it by making a special trip to one of the Latin
ethnic food stores, I've never seen mexican chocolate tablets in the stores
here in Atlanta. Can I substitute?  Someone was talking about substituting
chocolate bars a bit back... will that work, or will the end result be
quite different?  I know that different chocolate products have different
cocoa butter levels... what would be my best choices in substituting?

I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier