MordonnaRe: SC - Staying warm without a cloak

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Thu Oct 5 05:35:20 PDT 2000

I must say, that I think everyone else's advice to this lady was better than
mine.  While a kinsale cloak is simple to make, your idea Mordonna is much
more practical..... Vivat!
Phillipa

<<
 Layers of woolen material, ala a scots woman's "piece of plaid" work
wonders.
  Simply drape them around you like shawls.  I have cloaks, but most of the
 time I wear my piece of plaid.  Another secret to staying warm is to keep
the
 feet warm and dry.  Difficult in snowy/slushy conditions, but if you don't
 have good waterproof boots, try a layer of socks, covered with a layer of
 plastic (bread bags are good things) followed by another layer of socks and
 another of plastic inside your shoes.   And don't forget to keep your head
 covered with the piece of plaid.

 Mordonna >>