SC - Cucumbers: Recipe & Question

Jenn/Yana jdmiller2 at students.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 5 08:01:05 PDT 2000

>My grandmother, raised as a very prim and proper upper crust Canadian lady
>before the Depression, used to make a cucumber dish that I would like to
>duplicate. It's a rich cucumber and sour cream dish. It might be cream, I'm
>not sure.

My grandmother makes this too. You basically slice cucumbers (I like them
thin), add sour cream and thin it with milk to the consistency you wish.
Season with salt, pepper, dill, and a touch of sugar.  Sometimes she added
celery seed.  We got this just about every time we visited, especially in
the summer.

No idea if it is period, but I doubt it.  :-(

- --Yana