SC - MEXICAN CHOCOLATE BREAD [OOP]

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 5 09:09:59 PDT 2000

Oops, this is OOP isn't it?  My apologies.  Taking several questions at once:

2 risings.  Yes, salted butter/margarine, no added salt.  This recipe is rustled
from a Chocolate Bread Recipe in the DAK breadmachine cookbook, with Mexican
Chocolate tablets substituted for an equivalent volume of cocoa powder and
sugar, I forget the proportions, try half and half and fiddle with it. Throw in
a sack of chocolate chips in the last kneading while you're at it, waaHOO!  The
chocolate is the only thing that's Mexican about this recipe, that's why there's
no lard [although I'm finding a LOT less lard and a lot more veg oil at
California/Mexican restaurants and markets these days].

Eat this warm with butter or cream cheese. Yes, it's a desserty thing and not
really 'the staff of life' but we love it anyway.  One of our household strays,
Sebastian, could live solely on this stuff and never feel deprived.

We're off to GWW, see you Mon. Eve or Tuesday Morn.

Selene