SC - COKAGRYS OR COCKENTRICE

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sat Oct 7 16:22:03 PDT 2000

I'm far from being an expert, but suspect that it was more in line with what
seemed to be a general fascination with fantastic creatures.  The cockatrice was
a creature known in mythology, so the creator of the subtlety (or however you
want to spell it) was simply sculpting a creature out of mythology!

Kiri