SC - Re: cook's cote

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Oct 11 23:31:28 PDT 2000

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa said:
> To expand the topic, has anyone (female) tried some of the aprons they
> show in the German woodcuts? I have a good picture of one that seems to be
> similar to the 'balloon jumpers that were fashionable for baby girls a
> while back: a v-neck collar with farbric gathered onto it front and back..
> the fabric is sewn up the sides (looks like) to make a tube but with deep
> armholes.

Oh? More details please. Referances where folks might find these German
aprons?

I have some info on period aprons in this file in the CLOTHING section of
my files:
aprons-msg        (28K)  6/ 2/99    Medieval aprons for both men and women.

I *think* there are descriptions of Adamantius' cooks cote in this file
as well as his escapades while in it, in this file.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net