SC - RE: OOP Question about Tamales

phlip at morganco.net phlip at morganco.net
Fri Oct 13 06:56:01 PDT 2000

One of the things about "meal" Mexican food that most people don't
understand, is that the food itself is usually fairly bland- it's the
condiments themselves which are hot, and give real Mexican food their
warmth. Of course, you're mostly talking about Texican food here, and
we all know, that if a Texican gets his hands on anything, it has to
be twice as big and bad as anything else ;-) Just look at Stefan and
Gunthar ;-)

Phlip

"Catherine Deville" <catdeville at mindspring.com> wrote:
> The fair Olwen said:
> > You can buy packages with the husks, peppers, seasoning all
together as a
> > kit.  You still have to buy the Masa seperate, and the pork of
course.
> > We always add a little extra HOT, because we love it.
>
> Thanks mi'Lady :-)   ... I've never done tamales from a kit, but
have done
> most of my Mexican foods from kits until now.
>
> The trick with me is learning to do Mexican the way that I like it,
because
> I'm a wimp when it comes to seasoning... I can't tolerate anything
really
> Hot, so I have to make everything mild.  So I'm trying lots of
different
> blends of spices to find what works for us.  I appreciate your
taking the
> time to give us the info!  Thanks again.
>
> I remain, in service to Meridies,
> Lady Celia des L'archier

Cooks".