SC - non-homogenised milk

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Fri Oct 13 08:41:15 PDT 2000

I have an aunte that used to buy milk in bulk and freeze it until needed.

The milk, when allowed to thaw completely did indeed separate, and tasted
fine.

Our problem was taking out a new gallon *before* we had finished the old
gallon so as to allow it enough time to thaw completely. What we usually
ended up with was a big block of ice in the center of the milk.

I personally preffered it that way.The milk then was very rich, since it
seemed to be more concentrated, and ice cold, but then when you had finished
the rich stuff you were left with the watery remains that no one really
wanted. <G>

Ilia

In a message dated Fri, 13 Oct 2000  1:14:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Stefan