SC - Re: Ruzzige cake

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Sun Oct 15 07:19:06 PDT 2000

Stefan wrote:
> Ok, just what is this thing? I'd like to save some of the messages
> on this item, but I can't figure out whether it is a crepe, a cake,
> a cheese/herb pie or just what from the descriptions/recipes given
> here. Where would you all look for such an item?

Well, that's really the crux of the debate Stefan.  Alia Atlas, in her
translation and redaction, presents it as a pizza-like cake with cheese and
herbs.  TGaP Adamantius and I are of the not too firmly held opinion that
this is not the case.  I stop speaking for my master at that point, but go
on for myself in saying that I am of the impression that it is more like a
topped crepe type thingy.  Again, I am not terribly firm in this opinion as
I have not yet devoted as much time as I plan to to my own translation and
redaction, focusing on other projects for the moment.  I am also following
the linguistic discussion between Thomas and Cindy.  My German is far too
rusty to get into some of the etymology the are debating.  For the moment, I
should think you would be safe putting it as a cheese and herb pie with the
caveat that the classification may be changed at a later date.

regards, Puck