SC - small things for people to try...

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 21:31:21 PDT 2000

They did say it
would
be
> good to have something small that people could try.
Any ideas?
 The  pie or pastry type things are almost always a
hit. The thing with  those is they can be sweet or
savory,  I'm not sure which is more period. But if you
make them small more people seem to be willing to try
them.
   Having traveled thru Texas a few times, I always
think of kolatches every time I see any of these
at an event. (those of you who haven't seen them, they
are basically bread dough wrapped around anything from
hot sausage to apricots and cream cheese) But if you
can get a couple of  people to help you get an
assembly line type of thing going, these are pretty
easy to do. They tend to freeze really well before or
after baking too. But good luck.
Nisha