SC - Worst feast ever...

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Tue Oct 17 13:50:12 PDT 2000

<<<<<Cindy skrev:
>Yes.  Kvetch privately.
>It seems to me you went predisposed to have a bad meal (hence all your
>condiments), and so you had one.

>>> Philippa Alderton<phlip at morganco.net> 10/17/00 4:01:58 PM >>>
Unfortunately, while I was prepared to have a bland feast, I was not
prepared to have an inedible, poorly cooked one. One of the things I think
that this list is trying to do is turn out good food for large quantities of
people at a feast. Unfortunately, this particular feast was intended to
serve a mildly exotic meal  under the name of an SCA feast.......SNIP.........
My point was that if you want to try something "new" and "different", for
heavens sake, make it edible, and have the skills to bring it off!!!!! A
feast is not the time or place to fail an experiment!!!!  >>>>>>>>>>

I am curious if the cooks have heard feedback before we did, or since really.  I
value your experiences and will take the core of your description to mind in my
future endeavors.  The greatest service you can do us all, however is to share with
the presenter(s) of what you found sub-par.  Taking the feedback first to those who
spawned it has an integrity and warmth to it.  They get first dibs at hearing what you
have to say.

That is at least how I try to play.  I find it keeps me honest with my thoughts and
expression as well as gracious and kinder in the retelling.  If I haven't said it TO them, then I sure better think twice before saying it ABOUT them.  I am believing you
 do the same, and am just curious what the cook's reaction was to your descriptions
 and concerns.

niccolo difrancesco