SC - Worst feast ever...

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Tue Oct 17 17:05:45 PDT 2000

>  >>> Philippa Alderton<phlip at morganco.net> 10/17/00 4:01:58 PM >>>
>  Unfortunately, while I was prepared to have a bland feast, I was not
>  prepared to have an inedible, poorly cooked one. SNIP........
> .
>  My point was that if you want to try something "new" and "different", for
>  heavens sake, make it edible, and have the skills to bring it off!!!!! A
>  feast is not the time or place to fail an experiment!!!!  >>>>>>>>>>

  The greatest service you can do us all, however is to
> share with>  the presenter(s) of what you found sub-par.  SNIP  They get
first dibs at
> hearing what you >  have to say.
>  >  That is at least how I try to play.  I find it keeps me honest with my
> thoughts and
>  expression as well as gracious and kinder in the retelling.
Niccolo

Well said Niccolo.
I will say on record that I rarely have ever responded to inflammatory posts,
but I am compelled to say two things in response to the original posting on
this topic.

First, Once you start cooking feasts yourself, you'll come to appreciate how
easy it is for things to go wrong.

Secondly, No matter how bad a feast goes, it is only courtesy to find out
what the cook thought of it before you trash their work publicly.

It is one thing to discuss what went wrong, it's another to explain away what
you would have done to save the feast. Hind site is 20/20, especially when
you're not the dear in the headlights.

Sorry, that was three.

Hauviette