SC - rosettes? pizelli?

Valoise Armstrong varmstro at zipcon.net
Wed Oct 18 05:55:40 PDT 2000

> Selene commented:
>> I do love rosettes.  How far back do they go, I wonder?  They're only pizelli
>> in
>> reverse after all.
Stefan replied:
> Ok, newbie cook time. (Or maybe just Texan). What are "rosettes"?
> What is a "pizelli"? Is this last what is mundanely made in the
> pizelle(?) irons that we often use to bake wafers in?

 There is at least on period recipe from Sabina Welserin.

88 A molded and fried pastry

Take eight eggs and beat them well and pour them in a sieve and strain them,
put a little wine in with it, so that it goes through easily, the chicken
embryo remaining behind. Afterwards stir flour into it, until you think that
it is right. Do not make the batter too thick. Dip the mold in with proper
skill and let them fry, then it is well done. Salt the eggs

I haven't tried this yet, I've been looking for rosette molds that don't
look too out of period.

Valoise