kids in kitchen, was: SC - Worst feast ever...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Oct 18 09:45:03 PDT 2000

deborah minyard wrote:

> On the topic of kids does anyone know of any rules restricting those under
> either 16 or 18 from the kitchen.  The last feast I cooked someone made the
> 14 yr old helping out leave, since there is supposedly a rule against
> children in the kitchen.  This was brought about by an accident at a feast
> according to the pronouncer of said rule.

I've never heard of such a thing. It is my experience that kids are more
careful- perhaps because they are more conscious of what they are doing-
and that it is absent-minded (or in-a-hurry, or drunk, or worse) adults
who have the nasty accidents. When my son sliced his hand a couple of
weeks ago, it was because someone else bumped into him, not because he's
14.

Sounds to me like someone simply doesn't want to take the time to
supervise a youngster.

'Lainie