Glucose as treatment (was Re: SC - jerky documentation?)

Nicholas Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Oct 18 09:44:59 PDT 2000

<<<<<<<> I've been to plenty of events at which someone didn't get
>>> much breakfast and it's afternoon and they haven't eaten.  A
> >>sugar hit won't do them much good, so other foods that are
> >>portable and safe in whatever weather condition may be there
> >>are most useful.

<<<actually, as someone with mild hypoglycemic tendancies, if you are prone to
hypoglycemic drops (or are one of those folks who pushes themselves and
forgets to eat) a glucose tablet or a glass of orange juice can be very
helpful *initially*, while you are waiting to get real food into your
system.  the immediately available glucose keeps you from crashing
completely until you can get food into your system   >>>>>>>

Even though this direction of the thread has little to do with jerky preparation or
 documentation, I wanted to offer words of caution.  In making statements of
treatment or intervention to medical conditions we may want to stay WAYYYYY
clear of making recommendations of what to do for other individuals in a given
 condition.  While very well intended and learned of yourself, without a medical
background that liability spectre can rear its head (I'm really not this paranoid,
 I just got two good topics to reply on).   If one is speaking as a medical professional
one has some protection, but we never know who is out there reading our humble
list and taking what is read out into the big, bright world.  Absent Evil Administrator,
Gunthar, can be open to scrutiny if someone acts on advise given here.

This is just a knee jerk that I have surpressing for a long time as various people
professed the 'best ways' to deal with different things.  I mearly soggust one focus on what helps oneself and let inferences be drawn.  Sugar pills given to the wrong
person has been known to cause grave consequences due to lack of medical
knowledge.   If this seems overblown to anyone, please accept my apologies, and I will return you to your regularly scheduled thread drift without subject header
change.

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco