SC - rosettes? pizelli?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 11:19:53 PDT 2000

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Oaks/7866/scandanavia.html

> Scroll down to the third photograph, which shows a
> selection of cookies. The
> strangely shaped ones at the back are rosettes
> (there are other patterns as
> well but this is probably the most common one).
> Scroll further down to
> Fridas struvor for the recipe.
>
> Struvor is the Swedish name for rosettes. And to
> answer Selene´s question,
> they are medieval - at least, struvor are mentioned
> in Bishop Brask´s menu
> listings, which date from the first half of the 16th
> century - can´t
> remember the exact date. I´m not sure if these
> struvor were identical to
> todays rosettes but I´ll see if I can find anything
> more about this.
>
> Nanna

Thank you Nanna!  You have helped my research
immensely!  Could you give me the citation for the
book that contains Bishop Brask's menu listings?  I
suppose that it is too much to hope that it has been
translated into English?

Thanks again.

Huette

=====