SC - King Midas :The Feast Recipes from U Penn

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Thu Oct 19 08:51:55 PDT 2000

In a message dated 10/19/00 7:42:52 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
betpulib at ptdprolog.net writes:

> The stew sounds
>  roughly right, but the fennel tart, while sounding delicious, was an
>  addition to the historic reality of the meal, IMHO.

Why? According tot he literature I got the feast, and the emails I had with
the archeologist, the only addition to the feast where the ingredients were
not found in the tomb, in containers together, was the dessert, a chocolate
thing.  The archeolgist said at the time that he felt the dessert pulled from
the authenticity he was trying to convey; but it was  a corporate decision
because it is socially acceptable now to have an end-meal sweet and these
people were paying to come to a feast. So, he caved on that. But everything
else was supposed to be constructed from the ingredients of the containers
under chemical analysis. Considering most of our redactions come from
ingredient lists written down late in period, sometimes having very
questionable quantity amounts in the ingredients as measurements, why
wouldn't we feel the ingredients of chemical analysis are accurate to work a
redaction from? Which is what the modern cooks were instructed to do.

Lars