SC - Adaptation from Apicius for jerking meat

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 19 13:47:01 PDT 2000

>I've been using sea salt for home cooking for years. It's the salt at
>hand at home. I prefer the flavour which to me is more balanced than
>simple table salt, which leaves a slight bitterness to me. For the
>feasts I've used, I've used mostly simple table salt, primarily for the
>cost and it's what most people are used to. I've encountered a number of
>French recipes that prefer sea salt. I had never heard that it would
>cause migraines. A good thing to know.
>
>Seumas

I know what you mean about the bitterness taste of regular table salt.  For
me, I have used the low sodium salt and sea salt.  The low sodium salt does
not have that bitter after taste.  I do know though, after years of using
low sodium, I pick up the salt taste very quickly in foods that use regular
salt.  Not so with sea salt.

Olwen