SC - Re: kids in the kitchen

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Oct 19 23:23:07 PDT 2000

Kirsten commented:
> Many
> years ago, I was trying to slice a stale bagel in half.  The bagel slipped
> and the knife cut into the first two fingers on my left hand.  I still have
> the scars and the fingers 19 years later.  I learned my lesson.

A little while ago I saw, and bought, a little gadget just for this. It
has a vertical oval of plexiglas with a vertical slit on each of the
narrow ends. All of this is glued to a flat plexiglass plate. This
makes slicing bagels and such easier. I don't remember it being very
expensive.

I'm glad you didn't sever any nerves or do anything more serious than
the scars.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net