SC - budgeting question

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:03:18 PDT 2000

>Intergroup anthropology question related to feast budgeting: For those of
>you who do a 'test run' of your feast menu ahead of time, do you pay for
>the supplies for that test run out of your own pocket, does it come out of
>the feast budget, do you get other funding from the event budget, or do
>you fund it some other way?

Our cook's guild meets once a month formally.  At that meeting, either a
time and year(s)and location (french, german, italian, english, etc.) theme
is set or 'your redaction' is generally set forth.  These are chosen and
paid for by the individual cook and either prepared in advance or the
ingredients brought and prepared at whomevers home we are at. The cost
involved is what you can afford.  Since we hope to decide whether or not to
use the recipe in a future feast, we musts be conservative with cost, time
and energy with most recipes so notes are compared.  If we think we may use
something but it needs someone else's interpretation, we do that.
BTW, our group has some exceptional shoppers and can get into restaurant
supply houses and slaughter houses and farms.  This year was the first year
of the Cook's Guild garden and generally, much of our herbs we grow.  Then,
there are scavengers (like me) who knows where the fruits grow.

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar
Barony of Bright Hills