SC - Re: Peach pits (Recipe)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 23 08:13:35 PDT 2000

>And it came to pass on 20 Oct 00, , that Olwen the Odd wrote:
>
> > AT LAST!!!!! Another creative way to use up some of the 23lbs or so of
> > marzipan in my fridge!!  Yeah!!  Thanks!!
>
>You're welcome!  But I should warn you that a mere 1-3/4 pounds
>of marzipan made 129 peach pits.  It only takes about 1 teaspoon
>per pit.  You might want to knead some additional sugar into your
>marzipan, depending on how still it is already.
>
> >I even have a peach!
>
>Lucky you!  I tried to find one locally, but you can't even get
>expensive imported ones in my area supermarkets.
>
> > I shall have to make some of these up for the Queens Tea at Crown
>Tourny.
> > Our Guild Master infomed us earlier today that we were doing this.
> > Olwen
>
>Nice idea.  Which kingdom are you in?
>

>Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
>Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)

I am in Atlantia.  Our senechal, Lady Cordelia Fitz Robert was telling me
she has a recipe with instructions on how to make a cake that resembles a
peach with one of these pits in the middle.  Now that is an experiment for
the future!  Right now I am working on a mold for a Celtic Dog.  I may just
go for the cut and paste method.
Need a (real) peach pit?  Send address.
Olwen