SC - pierogys

Edgar, Terry EdgarT at JM.com
Mon Oct 23 11:43:55 PDT 2000

Where can I find this book?  Is it somewhere on line?

Rivka

- -----Original Message-----
From: Decker, Terry D. [mailto:TerryD at Health.State.OK.US]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 1:50 PM
To: 'sca-cooks at ansteorra.org'
Subject: RE: SC - pierogys

If you are adhering to strict historical accuracy, I don't think you can
truly document sauerkraut or pirogi, although both are probably "period."
I've used similar undocumentable dishes for feasts where I wasn't trying for
historical accuracy.

For an Eastern European feast, I would look at Pouncy's translation of
Domostroi and Dembinska's Food and Drink in Medieval Poland for recipes.

Bear