SC - meat rolls with cabbage.

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 12:15:21 PDT 2000

I am on a recipe hunt.  I've been asked to find a
recipe to be used in
feast, meat rolls stuffed with cabbage.  Unknown
origin, unknown date.
Does
this sound familiar to anyone?

Isabeau

My neighbor in germany made her rouladen that way. It
was a cheap cut of meat cut in VERY thin pieces and
rolled around/stuffed with cabbage,onions,  sometimes
potatoes, whatever spices she was in the mood for and
simmered in stock on top of the stove. Made the
stairwell smell wonderful. She would give me samples
on a regualr basis, and it was always a little bit
different, but very good. The reduced stock made a
nice sauce as well. i'm not exactly sure on the
specifics, and it's modern(sounds like it could be
period), but it sounds like a good place to start.
Good luck on your search.
nisha