SC - OOP -- Dallas vs Boston driving

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 19:25:36 PDT 2000

From: "Gaylin J. Walli" <gwalli at ptc.com>
Subject: Re: SC - I'm back

Stefan chided Papa Gunther with:

>You live in *Dallas* and you are complaining about the traffic
in
>Boston???? Dallas makes a ten lane highway come to a standstill
>(IH-635). Boston has an excuse in that most of their roads are
>quite narrow.

At least in Dallas, unlike Boston, using your turn signal
doesn't
mean "Pass me on this side" to the other drivers.

Iasmin, victim of Boston drivers while once on vacation
Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at ptc.com or iasmin at home.com
<<<<<<<<

No, as a matter of fact, that is the first thing I noticed about
DFW traffic when I moved here from Oklahoma, that if you turn on
your signal, you better be prepared to "draw" as it were because
someone behind me will immediately accelerate toward the
flashing red light, and you have to be quick and fearless to
succeed in getting anywhere.

Tyrca
(I live in Grapevine, which is shouldered on the west side of
the DFW airport, if any of you happen to be visiting our Great
State of Texas.  Always glad to pick up wayfarers, and feed
them.  No rock here, just Wide Open Spaces (evil grin)